Sweet and Sour Quinoa Salad
This tasty salad can be served with a vegetarian entrée, soup, grilled fish, chicken or beef.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup frozen soycutash (mixed corn, edamame and peppers)*
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions. Cool.
2. Meanwhile, cook soycutash according to package directions. Cool.
3. For dressing whisk together the vinegar, mustard and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil.
4. In bowl toss together quinoa and dressing. Stir in soycutash, cherries and red onion. Serve chilled or at room temperature. (Cover and refrigerate overnight to blend flavors, if desired.)
*Note: If desired, substitute 1/3 cup frozen corn, 1/3 cup frozen edamame and 1/3 cup frozen peppers for the soycutash.