Veronica's Raw Blueberry Pie
Who wants to turn on the oven in the summer? Not me! If I can find an easier, healthier and more eco-friendly way to make my favorite recipes, I’m all over it - especially if it tastes amazing.
Raw pies are very easy to make and such a refreshing treat in the summer! With one general recipe, you can substitute all sorts of fruit and get creative with spices to make a variety of delicious, healthy pies. It’s also fun to get the kids involved because they are so easy to prepare and don’t require a hot stove.
- 2 cups organic raw almonds
- 2 cups organic dates
- 6 cups organic, whole blueberries (or sliced fruit of choice)
- 1 cup soaked organic dates (soaked for 10 minutes then drained)
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed organic lemon juice (more or less)
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil (adjust level for pie firmness if needed)
1. For crust, blend the almonds and 2 cups dates together in a food processor until crumbly. Firmly press mixture into a 9-inch pie plate and freeze for 1/2 hour.
2. For filling, blend 2 cups of the blueberries, the 1 cup soaked dates, lemon juice, and coconut oil together in a food processor until smooth. Pour blended mixture over the remaining whole blueberries, mix and pour into the frozen crust. Let the entire mixture refrigerate for 2 hours and serve chilled.