Mediterranean Stuffed Potato Skins
All the flavors of Greece in potato cups--what is not to love? Make this recipe in advance and serve it cold with a tzatziki dipping sauce.
- 8 small red potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Kosher salt (optional)
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into 16 pieces
- 4 marinated artichoke hearts, cut into quarters
- 16 pitted Kalamata olives
- 4 ounces (1 cup) crumbled feta cheese
- Tzatziki sauce (optional)
1. In medium bowl toss together potatoes, oil, dill weed and pepper. Arrange on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F about 15 minutes or until tender. Cool. Sprinkle with salt (if desired).
2. Scoop out center of each potato half. Reserve centers for another use. Place one avocado piece, artichoke heart piece and olive in each potato half. Spoon 1 tablespoon cheese on each. Serve at room temperature or chilled with tzatziki sauce (if desired).