Logan's Spicy Bean Sprout Salad
This is a new take on a favorite Koren side dish. It's extremely tasty.
- 2 tablespoons spicy sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablepsoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon stevia leaf sweetener
- 1/2 medium habanero pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 to 3 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound mung bean sprouts
- 3 medium green onions, sliced
- 2 tablepsoons grated carrot
- 1 tablepsoon sesame seeds, toasted
1. For dressing, whisk together sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sweetener, habanero pepper, ginger and garlic. Season to taste with salt. Set aside.
2. In large pot bring 2 quarts water to boiling. Add bean sprouts. Boil for 3 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain well.
3. In large bowl combine bean sprouts, green onions and carrot. Add dressing. Toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, if desired. Add sesame seeds. Toss. Serve warm or chilled.