Grilled Garlic & Summer Squash Skewers with Chimichurri
Fourth of July is right around the corner! Need a great grilled vegetable recipe to break out for your BBQ? These Grilled Garlic &amp; Summer Squash Skewers will be a hit at your celebration!
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 large garlic cloves
- olive oil for drizzling
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
For the Chimichurri: in a large bowl combine the parsley, basil, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 (or grill)
For the skewers: place the garlic cloves on a small baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and toss well. Roast until golden, about 10 minutes. Transfer to the bowl of sauce. Add the zucchini, yellow squash and bell pepper to the bowl and toss well. Thread the vegetables and garlic cloves onto skewers and set aside.
Grill the skewers on a grilling pan in the oven or outdoor grill until lightly browned and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Drizzle with remaining sauce and serve hot.