Curried Cranberry Sauce
Did you know that cranberries are one of the healthiest foods on the planet? But what is the best way to serve these sour little powerhouses? Most people think they have to add lots of processed sugar to make these gems taste good, but by using natural sweeteners and superfood spices, you can create a healthy cranberry dish everyone will love!
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1) In a saucepan set over medium-low heat, combine the
cranberries, orange juice, and maple syrup. Bring to a gentle
boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries
have popped and the juices have reduced, about 25 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
2) To serve, pour the mixture into a serving dish and stir in the
allspice and curry. Serve warm or chilled.