Cranberry Spinach Salad
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 pound fresh spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces (2 cups) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
1. In medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add pine nuts. Cook and stir until lightly toasted. Remove from heat. Cool.
2. In large bowl toss together spinach, cranberries and pine nuts.
3. For dressing, in medium bowl whisk together sugar, white wine vinegar, cider vinegar and paprika. Add blue cheese, oil, and sesame seeds. Stir to combine.
4. Just before serving, toss dressing with spinach mixture.