Gluten-Free Coconut Waffles
The only thing better than breakfast in bed is a nutritious and delicious breakfast in bed that includes WAFFLES! We suggest making these mouthwatering gluten-free Coconut Waffles a weekend staple.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup white rice flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Coconut oil to spray pan
Pure Organic Fruit & Veggie Strips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond milk, eggs, agave and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded coconut, rice flour, coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking soda and salt.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- Pour almond milk mixture into the well and stir until combined.
- Spray waffle iron with coconut oil. Ladle 2 tablespoons of batter onto waffle iron. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Repeat this step until batter is gone.
- Roll the fruit strips until flat.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out fruit strips and set aside.
- Place waffles on plate and top with fruit strip cutouts and fresh fruit.