Mediterranean Couscous with Roasted Vegetables
This delicious roasted vegetable couscous is perfect with freshly vegetables. You can also use seasonal vegetables of your choice such as: carrots, red peppers, butternut squash or vidalia onion. The freshest vegetables make the best tasting dish!
- 1 Large Eggplant, skin on, cut lengthwise, into 8 wedges
- 2 Medium Zucchini, skin on, cut lengthwise, into 4 wedges each
- 6 Large Roma Tomatoes, skin on, cut into 4 wedges each
- 1 Large Purple Onion, skin off, cut into 8 wedges
- 10 Large Garlic Cloves, peeled
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Each Salt and Pepper
- 2 Cups Couscous, instant, cooked as directed
- 1 Lemon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Juice and Zest
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Italian Parsley, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Arrange 2 racks in the middle of the oven. Divide all cut and prepped vegetables between 2 rimmed non-stick half-sheet pans in one layer. Brush the vegetables with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle Italian seasoning and salt and pepper over all.
2. Roast vegetables until tender, turning occasionally, about 45 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Cut cooled roasted vegetables into bite sized pieces.
3. Prepare the couscous while the vegetables are roasting, according to the package directions. Fluff with a fork when done. Transfer cooked hot couscous to a beautiful large serving platter. With a wooden spoon, GENTLY mix in the roasted vegetables and juices, lemon juice and zest and 1/4 cup fresh basil. Top with the remaining basil and fresh parsley. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes to blend the flavors.