Incredible Baby Kale Salad with Creamy Lime, Pineapple and Cilantro Dressing
The creamy citrus-cilantro dressing is tasty on sturdy kale. The salad is a combination of sweet, savory and crunchy with just a tad of chewy.
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablepsoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups baby kale
- 1 cup cored and chopped Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped red onion
1. In food processor or blender container combine avocado, cilantro, oil, lime juice, agave nectar, pineapple juice and garlic. Cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
2. In bowl toss together kale, apple, celery, raisins, pecans and onion. Pour avocado mixture over salad. Toss until combined. Serve immediately.