Grilled Zucchini Summer Salad with Basil Peach Vinaigrette
Incredibly refreshing, and the perfect salad for a warm summer day. The dressing is so good you will have to stop yourself from eating it by the spoonful!
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 heart romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 large ripe peach
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup whole fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat grill to medium heat. Trim ends of zucchini. Using mandolin thinly lengthwise slice zucchini. Grill over medium heat just until grill marks appear. Turn. Grill for 30 to 60 seconds more.
2. On serving platter toss together romaine lettuce and arugula. Roll each slice of zucchini into a spiral. Tuck spirals in around the lettuces.
3. Peel and halve peach. Reserve one half for dressing. Thinly slice the remaining half and arrange on salad. Sprinkle with tomatoes, red onion and walnuts. Add goat cheese.
4. Cut reserved peach slice into chunks. In small food processor or blender combine peach, basil, red vinegar, mustard, honey and salt. Cover and process until combined. With machine running, slowly add oil until combined.
5. Drizzle over top of salad. Serve immediately.