Tangy Tropical Collard Green Rolls
These easy rolls are a hit with vegetarians, raw foodies, gluten-free folks and omnivores!
- 1 ripe tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup raw almond butter
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 limes, juiced
- 12 large leaves collard greens, tough bottom portions of stems removed
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and cut into matchstick pieces
- 1 bell pepper, cut into matchstick pieces
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and cut into matchstick pieces
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, washed and chopped
- 12 toothpicks
1. In food processor or blender container combine tomato, almond butter, tamari, coconut oil, sesame oil and garlic. Cover and process until smooth. Add enough lime juice to reach desired flavor.
2. On surface lay collard leaves in single layer. Top with mango, bell pepper, cucumber and cilantro. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the sauce on each. Fold sides of greens over filling. Roll up leaves, securing rolls with toothpicks. Serve with the remaining sauce.