A beautifully colored spinach pasta dish with healthy portions of veggies and fruit (tomato is a fruit) and great toppings. While I am always a fan of the marinara, any will do since this dish is so versatile! Recipe serves the family!
- 3 cups pasta (any kind will do fusilli is one of my faves)
- 1 cup tomatoes (diced how you like or use cherry if you prefer)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup mushrooms (i like them sliced thin)
- 1 cup soy cheese (feta equivalent)
- pinch oregano
- pinch red pepper flakes
- optional additional veggies to include: olives, red/green peppers, eggplant, or even spicy peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- side of balsamic vinegar (for dipping)
Cook pasta while leaving it plenty firm even to withstand being tossed with the veggies being added later. While pasta is starting to soften, chop tomatoes/spinach/mushrooms and other veggies depending on size of bites and consistency you desire. Dice soy cheese cubes. Add all ingredients to large bowl with olive oil. Top with seasonings such as oregano, celery flakes, red pepper flakes, garlic powder to your taste. I also like a side plate of vinegar to occasionally dip a bite into.