Kathryn Budig’s Quinoa and Roasted Veggies with Lemon Coconut Sauce
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2-3 cups brussel sprouts, chopped finely
- 2-3 large tomatoes, diced
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- sea salt
- red pepper flakes
- 1 cup red and white quinoa
- 1 3/4 cups ZICO coconut water
- salt and small pat of butter
for lemon coconut sauce:
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 T Lucini Fiery Chili Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
- *use extra virgin olive oil and red chili pepper flakes if you can’t find this oil
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Place your cut veggies onto a cookie sheet and massage well with olive oil, sea salt and pepper flakes until evenly coated. Roast for about 25-30 minutes.
Soak your quinoa for 5 minutes then rinse well. Cook in coconut water, butter and salt for about 15 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and the quinoa is light and fluffy.
Blend coconut milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, chili oil and salt and pepper until fully incorporated. Place on the stove and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Add all of your goodies into a large bowl and mix well. Place quinoa/veggie mix into individual bowls and ladle with lemon coconut sauce and don’t hold back!