Hummus Pizza with Arugula and Wild Mushrooms
- 3.4 cup almond milk, homemade or store-bought
- 1 1/2 tsp grapeseed oil, plus more for bowl
- 1 1/2 tsp organic cane sugar
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour, plus more for kneading
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package rapid rise dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 4 cups sliced mixed wild mushrooms
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (Recipe_Ingredient_5535255)
- 1/2 cup hummus, homemade or store-bought
- 2 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 3/4 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
For the dough, heat the almond milk and oil in a small saucepan set over medium heat until it just begins to simmer. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the sugar until it is finely ground. Add the white whole-wheat flour, yeast, and salt and pulse two or three times to combine. With the machine running, slowly pour the hot almond milk through the feed tube. Add the whole-wheat flour 1/4 cup at a time, pulsing until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
Transfer the dough to a floured work surface. Knead for 4 to 5 minutes, and then shape into a ball. Put the dough into a large oiled bowl and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let it rise in a warm place until doubled in size, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Dust 2 baking sheets lightly with flour and set aside.
Punch down the dough and divide it into 4 equal pieces. Lightly dust a cutting board with flour and roll each piece out into a circle that is 1/8 inch thick. Transfer 2 crusts to each of the prepared baking sheets and prick the surfaces all over with a fork. Let rest for 10 minutes.
Bake the crusts until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
For the toppings, heat the oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring until golden, about 4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Assemble the pizzas by spreading the hummus over the crusts and arranging the arugula, mushrooms, and tomatoes on top. Serve immediately.