Faux Cauliflower Fried Rice
This is a staple in our household. My husband and I as well as our two toddlers love this dish. It is a great alternative to Chinese Take out. The ingredients are easy to find and you can pretty much adjust the amount of oils and soy sauce to your family’s preferences. You can add more ingredients or less, such as tofu, baby corn, scrambled eggs, etc. The recipe I make is based on what my family likes. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1 Large head of Cauliflower
- 1-2 Tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1-2 Tablespoon of peanut oil
- 2 Tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 8 ounce can of sliced water chestnuts
- 1 16 ounce can of Chinese mushrooms
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Chopped Scallions optional to taste
Grate one head of cauliflower using the large side of the grater. I use the largest cauliflower I can find, otherwise use two small heads. Roughly chop water chestnuts into smaller bite sized pieces. Place sesame oil and peanut oil in a wok. Pour grated cauliflower, water chestnuts, Chinese mushrooms, minced garlic in the wok and mix until well combined. Pour frozen green beans right before the dish is almost done. Check for doneness after 10-15 minutes. . Pour in large serving dish and sprinkle with chopped scallions. You can also add tofu or scrambled eggs if you desire. Enjoy!