Chinese Veggie Pizza
I am a big pizza fan, but don’t always want the heaviness of a meat pizza. This pizza is full of flavor, veggies and is quite hearty in a truly healthy way.
Pizza Dough **
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/4 cup water (105°)
- additional 2 ¼ cups water
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt, divided
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 can (4.8 oz) water chestnuts, drained/sliced
- 1 can (10 oz.) baby corn, drained
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup orange juice with pulp
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tamarind sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 package Ramen noodles beef flavored, prepared/drained
- 6 tablespoons duck sauce
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- ** Store bought pizza crusts may be used if you do not want to make it from scratch.
Dissolve yeast in ¼ cup water; let sit for two minutes. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Turn out onto board and knead for ten minutes. Place back in bowl with damp cloth and let rise 30 minutes. Prepare vegetables.
In a large baggie, place prepared vegetables. In a medium bowl, mix together orange juice, vinegar, tamarind sauce, celery salt and honey; pour mixture over vegetables in the plastic bag and close tightly; set aside to soak. Prepare ramen noodles; set aside.
Divide dough into 3 parts and roll out onto 3 olive-oiled pie pans. Dimple with fingers and sprinkle with coarse salt. Let rest for 10 minutes. Spread duck sauce on pizza dough, place ramen noodles next, drain vegetables and place on pizza dough, then cashews and cheese.
Bake at 350° oven for 17 – 20 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned.
Remove, cut and serve.
Serves 4, 2 slices each