The Simplest Truffles
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of nuts
- 1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp of almond or rum extract (pure, not imitation)
1. Crush some nuts of your choice into small pieces. Set aside.
2. Set aside the plate of powdered sugar.
3. Place one bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips in a double boiler and melt them completely.
4. Once chips are melted, put two teaspoons of your choice of pure extract. I use almond or rum. Stir quickly, as the melted chips rapidly react to the extract, turning into a truffle consistency.
5. Roll into balls and then roll into the nuts, then roll through powdered sugar. Tada! Delicious, easy truffles!