Pecan-Crusted Blue Cheese Bites
Delicious cheesecake-like texture with a savory twist.
- 2 cups pecan pieces, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 ounces finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces (1 cup) crumbled blue cheese
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- Thinly sliced fruit (plums, grapes or apples)
1. In medium bowl combine pecans, Parmesan cheese, sugar and butter. Press on bottom of 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan. Bake at 325°F for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together cream cheese, blue cheese and sour cream. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until just combined after each addition. Pour over warm crust. Bake at 325°F for 20 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Loosely cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
3. Cut into twenty-four 2-inch squares. Diagonally cut each square in half, forming 48 triangles. Top each triangle with some fruit.