Memorial Day often means gathering with friends and loved ones. This is one of my favorite dishes to bring to a large gathering. It’s a light, sweet, fresh pudding that kids and adults both love. It’s easy to make in about 15 minutes, is vegan, gluten-free, and made with delicious, real ingredients! What more could you ask for in a dessert?
Strawberry, Mango and Coconut Mousse
- (1-pound) package organic silken tofu
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 6 strawberries, sliced, for garnish
- Optional: garnish with additional fresh fruit of your choice
1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine tofu, mango, 1⁄2 cup of the coconut, agave, vanilla and lemon juice. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and gently stir in the chopped strawberries.
2. Spoon the mixture into ramekins or dessert cups and chill for at least 20 minutes.
3. To serve, garnish with the sliced strawberries (and other chopped fruit) and remaining ¼ cup coconut.