* This post originally appeared on Plant Based Blonde. It has been edited for clarity.
Chocoholics rejoice! These Mini Chocolate Mousse Cups are an insanely easy and delicious way to satisfy that sweet tooth. The mousse is whipped with coconut cream, richly flavored with pure cacao and sweetened with dates. Using Dark Chocolate Berry Pure Organic bars as the base keeps this recipe quick and simple.
The bars are one of my favorite snacks to grab on-the-go and play with in the kitchen because they contain 8 simple, certified organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, gluten and grain free, whole food ingredients like dates, berries, and nuts. Plus, they are the perfect chewy compliment to this fluffy mousse!
Whole food ingredients
You may want to double the recipe.
Mini Chocolate Mousse Cups
- · 1 15-oz can of full fat coconut milk
- · 5 dates
- · 2 tbsp cacao powder
- · 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- · 2-4 Dark Chocolate Berry Pure Organic bars
- · Raspberries
- · Fresh mint leaves
- · Coconut flakes
- 1. Chill a can of coconut milk in the freezer for a couple of hours or leave it in the refrigerator overnight
- 2. When you are ready to make the mousse cups, use a rolling pin to flatten out the Pure Organic Bars. Then use a cookie cutter, or other round shape like the top of a jar, to cut the bar into rounds. You can also mold the rounds into a mini muffin tray for more of a cup shape.
- 3. Open the chilled can of coconut milk and remove the top layer of coconut cream. Reserve the remaining coconut water for a smoothie or another recipe.
- 4. Add coconut cream, dates, cacao powder and vanilla to a high powered blender and blend on high until well incorporated.
- 5. Use a spoon and dollop the mousse mixture onto the rounds. Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Garnish as desired and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Caroline Ginolfi