There are so many creative ways to use avocado (thanks, Instagram!), but have you ever tossed one on the grill? With Memorial Day weekend right around the corner, here’s your chance! I love this recipe because it combines the amazing flavor of chimichurri with a chunky avocado-based bruschetta (no gluten here!). Throw a few avos on the grill this weekend and you’ll be sure to please all the people. Happy grilling!
- 3 medium ripe avocados, halved and pits removed
- 2 tablespoons olive or grape seed oil
- 1 cup yellow and red tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the chimichurri sauce, combine the tomatoes, parsley, basil, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well.
To grill the avocados, brush with oil and place face down on a medium hot grill for 2-3 minutes, until grill marks appear. Remove and fill with chimichurri sauce. Serve immediately.