One of the most popular fruits people and children of all ages enjoy are apples. Apples can be found all over the world in numerous countries. While there are different varieties and species of apples, one thing is common across all types – they are nutritious and provide many health benefits. Apples contain various antioxidants, are low in calories, high in fiber, and high in vitamin C and potassium.
Many people enjoy eating apples raw with the skin still on. Other people, including kids of all ages, prefer to have their apples peeled, cored, and sliced into smaller pieces. People and children also enjoy a variety of nutritional snacks, juices, drinks, and baked goods, all made from organic apples.
Healthy Benefits of Apples
- Weight Loss – Consuming apples on a daily basis as part of a balanced diet can help promote weight loss.
- Reduces Risk for Type 2 Diabetes – The fiber and antioxidants in apples help reduce blood sugar levels and slow absorption rates.
- Reduces Risk for High Cholesterol – Apples can help lower cholesterol levels when eaten on a daily basis.
- Reduces Risk for Heart Disease – Since apples may help lower cholesterol levels, it means plaque on artery walls can also be reduced, resulting in potential reduced risks for heart attacks.
- Reduces Risk for Certain Cancers – The antioxidants in apples can help reduce the risks for certain types of cancers.
Nutritional Benefits of Apples
- High in Fiber – Fiber promotes healthy digestion and also aids in regulating blood sugar levels.
- High in Vitamin C – Vitamin C helps prevent disease and illnesses and has other nutritional benefits.
- Low in Calories – An average sized apple only has about 55 calories.
- Low in Fat – An average sized apple only has about 0.20 grams of fat.
- High in Potassium – Potassium is a mineral that helps promote good heart health and helps prevent muscle spasms.
- High in Antioxidants – Antioxidants provide several health benefits and reduce the risks for disease, illnesses, and cancers.
Whether eating a whole apple or nutritional organic snacks made with apples, you can realize some of the benefits of this amazing fruit. For more information on Pure’s organic snacks, contact us at 888-568-PURE (7873)